Saturday 30 June 2012

Ten ways how not to think negative

mumbai beach in the evening

I am sure, you all must have gone through phases, which are not positive at all. When its down time for me, I know, I have to think positive. Everyone tells me to think positive, but then its difficult to think positive in such state.

I thought, and thought and concluded that rather I  would try not to think negative, and not to think anything. Be blank, perhaps that would be easier. Hence  I tried searching " how not to think negative" , and come up with the below list which i would like to share with you all. Against each point, I have also mentioned my thoughts & opinions . These are my personal thoughts and opinions. You may or may not agree to them, But I am sure, the ten points written here below will help all of you.

  1. Exercise  
    • (I am still planning to exercise since last ...don't know how many years. Believe me its very difficult for me. Still can try, after all everyone suggest this.)
  2. Remove negative people or situations from your life 
    • (I need to go to Himalayas for that)
  3. Surround yourself with happy people, situations and things. 
    • (Yes, i love colors and it gives me lot of positivism, so i am trying to think about colors more often.)
  4. Positive self talk 
    • (I love talking to myself, I am my best friend... But sometimes I take myself so granted that i don't listen to myself at all) 
  5. Indulge in hobbies
    • (Yes, till i am indulged in it, i don't think anything negative but as soon as i come out of it i again get surrounded by all negativity)
  6. Think so much positive that negativity dilutes. 
    • (I don't agree fully to it. Its more like hiding negativity behind positive facade, rather than removing negativity)
  7. Remove the negative words from your dictionary like I  DON'T WANT TO HURT MYSELF.. rather say, i want myself happy. 
    • (This helps a little Yes.. it does help... LOL and the name of this article is how NOT to think negative)
  8. Try to think only those thoughts which  you can speak in front of all people. this way you will be able to stop many negative and stupid thoughts. 
    • (Yes, perhaps this may work)
  9. Choose Happy or Miserable life and then decide what to think. 
    • (Thinking is so spontaneous.. decide to think.. my gosh too much work)
  10. ACT - Just dont keep thinking. Act in a positive manner and this action will help you in removing your negative thoughts. Also Let Go of all negative thoughts, with positive action in your life. 
    • (Ok this makes some sense to me. let's try.)



No comments:

Post a Comment